I eat these all the time. Like once a day because they’re awesome and easy. Sometimes I wake up early and stick them in the oven and then go back to sleep so they’re ready when I actually want to get up. Or I eat them watching TV. Super easy.
1. Buy chicken wings (these are called split chicken wings). The bigger packages are less per kg than the smaller ones.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Take chicken wings out of the container and put them on an oven safe pan.
(If you want to make your life easier, buy a cookie sheet like this and buy one of these. I do not recommend these even though they’re cheaper… They kinda taste like plastic. And if not eating toxins is the goal… That’s probably a bad sign. But the mat makes them crispier and it’s soooo much easier to clean. Otherwise, you have to soak the thing you cooked them in and it’s kinda gross and annoying and time-consuming. Worth the money.
4. Sprinkle generously with turmeric. Add a whole bunch of salt and pepper.
5. Stick them in the oven. I don’t usually wait until it’s preheated because… who really has time for that 🙂
6. Wait 50 minutes and voila.
Keep in mind I am not an Instagram star and I’m sure if these pics were edited they would look much tastier. These are SO GOOD. Try ’em. And skip the turmeric if you don’t like it or if you’re on the lion diet.
Then once you’re done eating DON’T throw away the bones. Keep those suckers. All of them. Do this: How to make homemade chicken broth
Or if you’re lazy stick the bones in a freezer ziplock bag until you’re not lazy. I never throw away bones.
I eat these as a snack. Or if you want them as a meal and want to add a green, here’s the collard greens recipe.