Questionnaire (please fill in!!)

Here’s a survey I’ve been working on for 3 years. I began working on it when I first realized that there were overlapping symptoms between autoimmune disorders. It takes about 25 minutes to complete, and I would really appreciate people filling it in. I’m trying to get as much data as possible so I can work on (hopefully extremely useful) scientific paper. I think people will also find the questions interesting.

I’ll be looking at how certain symptoms clump (what’s most common in populations, how many people are suffering from these things), and of course there’s a section on how you eat, and personality (taken from dad’s personality questionnaires).

Once enough data has been entered I’ll start working on seeing if there are any patterns. I’m hoping this will help thousands of people.

No personal information will be collected.

SURVEY LINK

28 thoughts on “Questionnaire (please fill in!!)

1. Jeremy Clarke says:

under prescription meds, maybe you want to include ‘insulin’, and under ‘symptoms’ have something to indicate diabetes..?
    insulin dependent diabetes is an autoimmune disease.. maybe this is not of interest in your research.

2. Daniel J says:

Filling in now! Congrats on releasing this.

A double up:
    Q83. I feel the need to nap.
    Q84. I feel the need to nap.

Then Q85 the scale is reversed. Don’t know if this is intentional.
    x

• Daniel J says:

Q86. I suffer from depression.
      Q264. I suffer from depression.

I’ll stop posting these as the numbering goes all over the place after that. 🙂

3. Kenn Macd says:

question 266 (after question 69) doesn’t make sense to me
    Q264. I suffer from depression.
    Q265. I have the feeling of impending doom.
    Q266. Click to write the question text
    what is the question text?

4. Kenn Macd says:

sorry. question 266 was after question 59. One of the questions had markers more appropriate to ages (eg 30 40 50…) rather than the usual 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, …

5. Jim kennedy says:

I didn’t like the sliders for the 5 scale questions. Standard radio buttons would be good
    Maybe for choose one of N of disease type include none as a choice. Then it is clear if I have it or not. I ignored the numbering. (Question numbers)

6. Xavier says:

I can’t answer “strongly disagree on some questions” starting from “I blister easily from the sun”. When I click on the next button I get the error message “Please answer this question.”

I started a carnivore diet one week ago with the hope of fixing a little persistant eczema and mainly depression, anxiety and this kind of “chronic laziness” associated with my depression. Thank you a lot for your work Mikhaila and hello from France.

• Xavier says:

Also, I want to warn you that the questions about the diet will easily be biased because people coming from your blog are more likely to have an unusual diet or to have changed it recently.

7. Clemens says:

Hi Mikhaila, I have the same problems with the questionnaire as people above have mentioned. I stopped at Q264 because I can’t click 0,4,5,6.
    Please give me a nudge when it is fixed.
    Kind regards and thank you very much for sharing your experiences!
    Greetings and best wishes from Hamburg, Germany

8. Lynn says:

Hello, I just wanted to mention that I answered the questionaire based on how I feel today. I’ve been on a keto diet for almost a year which cleared up my recurrent ear infections and dry skin problems. Many years ago I had tonsilitis, pneumonia, strep throat and the other one, but you were asking recently, so I answered no.
    I’m finishing up a few favorite staples and in a couple days I’m going to start the elimination/carnivore diet to see if it clears up my psoriasis symptoms. Thank you for taking on this research and for the help you’ve given already.

9. Jori says:

Hi. I filled out the questionnaire, but understood too late (typed the send in button too quick) that I had to move the button to get the 0 (strongly disagree/agree) choice, so in the first part of it I typed 1 (disagree/agree) when I should have typed 0 just to get by. Hope this doesn’t mess up your results too much, I guess the difference between strongly disagree and disagree isn’t that big, nevertheless, I would have liked I got it right.

• Kenn Macd says:

Yeah, I did a similar thing with some of the answers, I don’t know if it will make a difference because the questions seem to require a yes or no answer, not a strongly disagree -> strongly agree response, so I don’t know if there will be a huge difference between strongly disagree and mostly disagree.

10. Eric says:

Check if blood type affect diet. Also check benefits of ozone theraphy.
    Atleast benefits of ozonated olive oils.
    Love and light of wisdom to us all. *smile*
    Regards
    Eric de Wit from Finland

11. Brian Crowley says:

I think the scales for:
    I have the feeling of impending doom,
    Sometimes it feels like I forget to breathe &
    I was overweight as a child, are reversed.

12. Debbie Nichols says:

When I clicked to open the survey it did not open. I would like to complete it.

Thank you and very best wishes.

• Elisabeth says:

Same here. I wanted to fill it in but it seems like the link isn’t working. Or is it not available anymore?
      Thank you Mikhaila, all the best for you and the work you’re doing!

• It better be available. I upgraded the plan and for some reason I can’t access it. As soon as the company opens they’re calling me. Seriously unimpressed.

13. Jess S. from Sask, Canada says:

Hey- completed the survey but it ended up taking about an hour- just so people are aware.

14. Derek P says:

Hey Mikhaila,

Just filled the survey out. Will you be posting some results on the site here?

Also, do you (or others) have a recommendation for the best way to track diet and look for food sensitivities? Perhaps an app?

All the best,
    Derek

15. Leandro says:

I finished! Hopefully you can find a utility to the survey. I send a greeting to you and your father from Argentina. I was able to keep my seborrheic dermatitis with meat under control, since I found that I am allergic to several foods. They saved my life!

16. Havumäki says:

Hi Mikhaila!

I started this all-meat diet 10 days ago and I have not seen many benefits. In fact, there have been some complications. I’ve been eating only fatty beef and some salt, nothing else. I’d like to ask you a few questions because I still believe this will work because I’ve read so much good stuff about it. I would just like to hear your opinions if this is normal.

I’ve noticed that the pain and tightness in my neck and the tightness of my muscles has eased, but that’s the only benefit. So in addition to that I’ve faced other symptoms that got worse. Oh and before this I used to eat a lot of fatty meat already.

These issues got worse and are getting worse all the time:

Skin condition (small rashes, dry), sleep, racing heart / hard to relax, diarrhea (only happened when I ate too much fat), fatigue, brain fog, irritability, feeling in general.

Is this normal during the “transition” and if so, how long do you think it will last?
    Do you think histamine intolerance can be a thing here?

I really hope this will work, otherwise I’m quite out of options as I’ve tried so many different things. Help from anyone appreciated!

Thanks!

• Yes that’s totally normal. The first three weeks can suck. Days 8-16 can be the worst for cravings and weird symptoms. Give it a try for at least 3 more weeks and see how you feel. I wouldn’t worry about histamine intolerance until you’ve tried this for a solid month. You’re right in the middle of the transition period right now, keep at it!

• Havumäki says:

Aight I will stick to it, hopefully this is the solution. Thanks for the reply, it’s most helpful and encouraging 🙂