Jordan Peterson’s Diet (extremely low carb):
- wild game is fine too, elk, moose, etc.
- wild salmon
- tuna – check the ingredients! Get stuff that’s just tuna and water and perhaps salt.
- organ meat – chicken liver tastes the best I find
- wild herring – check the ingredients!
- wild sardines – check the ingredients!
- arugula microgreens (arugula sprouts)
- swiss chard
- seaweed –check the ingredients! this is hard to find without soy and other things. The brand I’ve linked to is safe and really tasty
- collard greens
- olives – check the ingredients! see my olive post. be super careful about which brands you buy here too, many have preservatives and flavours and dyes.
- apple cider vinegar – try to get the organic stuff so there aren’t dyes and flavours added
- coconut oil – get unrefined. And try to avoid the Nutiva brand. It’s everywhere but it doesn’t taste as good, and I’ve had ones that have gone bad before.
- olive oil – make sure your olive oil is pure olive oil. Sometimes it’s also soybean oil!
Mikhaila Peterson’s Diet (Zero-carb):
Meats, Veggies, Fruits, Seasonings:
Soda water because I’m a princess
Dad doesn’t tolerate carbs well. He’s cut out sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots and is down to JUST meat and greens. Those of you who have been following for a while may see changes from the original diet here. The original diet is what worked for me pre-pregnancy. For whatever reason, I lost the ability to tolerate any carbs (so any vegetable) after/during pregnancy. It took me about 6 months to realize what was going on and then switched to all meat (Dec 2017). Dad may be going zero-carb soon. He can get his mood to a 7-7.5/10 with the above diet but I don’t think that’s good enough. Zero-carb is easier, and there don’t seem to be any downsides. Currently symptom-free and thrilled about it. I also love steak.