THE MIKHAILA PETERSON PODCAST
Episode 28: Michael “Bitstein” Goldstein: An Intro to Bitcoin
Michael Goldstein (Bitcoin developer, educator, and evangelist) and I discuss the benefits of bitcoin, different strategies for utilizing bitcoin’s strengths, what a “node” is, his experience with the Carnivore diet (4+ years), and he answers the all-important question – “What is bitcoin?”
This episode is sponsored by truLOCAL. truLOCAL partners with local farmers and butchers (in your area) to source the best meat available. Serving 100’s of cuts of Beef, Lamb, Buffalo, and Chicken; truLOCAL even offers cuts that you can’t get at the grocery store.
Visit https://trulocal.ca and enter code “MP” to get 2 free ribeye steaks with any order.
- [4:00] What is bitcoin?
- [5:30] Basic economics – If you just start giving out money, it doesn’t actually help anyone, it just changes the prices.
- [6:30] The benefits of Bitcoin
- [7:00] There is a massively unfair advantage for the friends of the money printers of fiat currency
- [8:00] Bitcoin as a savings technology, not a get rich scheme
- [11:30] “Bitcoin is like gold in the sense that it is a hedge against inflation”
- [12:30] Mining cryptocurrencies
- [15:30] The bitcoin network and proof of work
- [18:00] Economic nodes and verifying your own transactions
- [18:30] A node is a computer on the network that is validating, a full-nose is a bit more complicated
- [21:00] Getting around the difficulty of utilizing bitcoin for multiple purposes
- [22:00] Outside of America: buybitcoinworldwide.com
- [23:00] “Bitcoin offers self-sovereignty”
- [24:30] In America: Cash App is an easy way to get started with bitcoin
- [26:00] Comparing bitcoin to traditional payment methods
- [27:30] Typical asset allocation for bitcoin and DCA (dollar-cost averaging)
- [32:00] Get rich quick vs. the long-term mentality
- [34:30] The reasons that bitcoin is currently very volatile
- [37:30] “Bitcoin is a free-flowing currency, there is no federal reserve of bitcoin to adjust the bitcoin interest rate to make it have a different purchasing power.”
- [40:00] The largest global markets of bitcoin
- [41:30] Differences of bitcoin and the “alt-shit coins”
- [43:30] The security of bitcoin vs. alt-coins
- [48:00] Bitcoin forks and splits
- [53:00] The bitcoin cash fork war
- [55:30] Bitstein’s journey with the carnivore diet
Mikhaila Peterson (@mikhailapeterson Instagram) is a 28 year old mother, CEO, health influencer, writer and founder of the Lion Diet, from Toronto, Canada. She has put her idiopathic juvenile arthritis, severe depression (bipolar type II), and chronic fatigue (among other ailments) into remission using The Lion Diet - a beef, salt and water elimination diet. Although it may seem unorthodox, she’s thrived on it for over 2 years. Also recognized for her work with her father, Dr. Jordan B. Peterson (Canadian psychologist and author), she encourages others to take responsibility for every part of their physical and mental health, and teaches how to dramatically transform one's life by never giving up on yourself.
The Mikhaila Peterson Podcast is a podcast where host Mikhaila Peterson speaks with thought leaders, and industry changers - continually finding the best ways to improve the human experience. From stay at home mom’s to CEO’s, fitness enthusiasts to spiritual guides, nutrition researchers to health professionals - Mikhaila has interview-style conversations aimed at provoking thought, addressing difficult subjects, and speaking about topics that are generally shied away from.