THE MIKHAILA PETERSON PODCAST
Episode 10: Inciting Courage with Dave Rubin
“All the people that we admire in the world, every hero in every movie that you love, what do they do? They say what they think. And yet, we live in a time, where if you live in the west […] you are extraordinarily free. And yet, we’re the ones that are silencing ourselves”
Dave Rubin and Mikhaila discuss Dave’s experience touring with Jordan Peterson, the health detriments of stress, being courageous as a rule, the difficulties of controversy, and Dave reveals a new announcement.
The Rubin Report is the #1 political talk show on YouTube with over 1.3 million subscribers. The host Dave Rubin is a New York Times best selling author, public speaker, stand up comedian and entrepreneur. He recently founded a tech company (Locals.com) which is a subscription-based community solution that gives power to online creators, rather than social media platforms.
- [1:30] How does Dave Rubin get his hair so good?!
- [4:00] Treatments for Autoimmune issues can often do more harm than good
- [7:00] The effects of stress on the body
- [9:50] “It’s bad enough feeling one way on the outside, and looking better on the outside. It’s really scary when you don’t know how far it’s going to go.”
- [13:00] Don’t Burn This Book released on April 28th, and making the NY Times best seller list
- [14:00] Dave Rubin’s favorite aspect of Don’t Burn This Book’s public reception
- [15:00] Dave announces his second book!
- [17:00] Stories about touring with Jordan Peterson
- [19:00] “Dave’s advice about how to improve your life right away
- [20:00] “All the people that we admire in the world, every hero in every movie that you love, what do they do? They say what they think. And yet, we live in a time, where if you live in the west […] you are extraordinarily free. And yet, we’re the ones that are silencing ourselves”
- [24:30] “This bravery deficit […] is what people need to do, I know it sounds scary, but you need to find the spaces that you can speak up a little bit more”
- [33:00] The ripple effect of speaking the truth, especially in the public eye
- [35:00] Is the West doomed?
- [43:30] Making the most out of the quarantine
- [48:00] Behind the scenes on tour
- [49:30] Mikhaila may be re-introducing plants to her diet?!
- [50:00] Dave’s favorite Rubin Report moments
- [53:00] Spiritual transformations
- [58:00] “Just take a deep breath…”
- [1:01:00] Season 30 of The Simpsons
Mikhaila Peterson (@mikhailapeterson Instagram) is a 28 year old mother, CEO, health influencer, writer and founder of the Lion Diet, from Toronto, Canada. She has put her idiopathic juvenile arthritis, severe depression (bipolar type II), and chronic fatigue (among other ailments) into remission using The Lion Diet - a beef, salt and water elimination diet. Although it may seem unorthodox, she’s thrived on it for over 2 years. Also recognized for her work with her father, Dr. Jordan B. Peterson (Canadian psychologist and author), she encourages others to take responsibility for every part of their physical and mental health, and teaches how to dramatically transform one's life by never giving up on yourself.
The Mikhaila Peterson Podcast is a podcast where host Mikhaila Peterson speaks with thought leaders, and industry changers - continually finding the best ways to improve the human experience. From stay at home mom’s to CEO’s, fitness enthusiasts to spiritual guides, nutrition researchers to health professionals - Mikhaila has interview-style conversations aimed at provoking thought, addressing difficult subjects, and speaking about topics that are generally shied away from.