THE MIKHAILA PETERSON PODCAST
Episode 8: Chris Williamson: Life Changing Productivity and Life Hacks
“[Productivity] in a knowledge work society… is being able to do more, in less time, with less stress”
Chris Williamson, a productivity master, and Mikhaila discuss The Ultimate Life Hacks List, experiencing true solitude, debunking multitasking, productivity apps, and going gluten-free.
Chris Williamson (host of the podcast “Modern Wisdom”, entrepreneur and personal coach) is dedicated to living the good life, finding your purpose, maximizing human performance, productivity, fitness, and psychology. Chris’ passion lies in learning about himself and the world around him.
- Chris was on the hit BBC reality series “Love Island”
- His podcast: Modern Wisdom
- A new definition of Productivity: Being able to do more, in less time, with less stress
- Chris put together a list of 200 of the Ultimate Life Hacks specifically for our listeners. (chriswillx.com/mp)
- Top recommended apps:
- The brain is really bad at remembering tasks, so take it out of the equation and just write it down!
- Google Chrome Extension: Pocket (for saving articles for later)
- The main productivity changes that you need to make right now!
- Stack the Deck… Make the things you want to do easier, and things you don’t want to do harder
- Skip the caffeine! Go for Salt, Lemon, Water and Sunrise instead!
- Sobriety and breaking the cycle of programming
- Artist Pages by Julia Cameron
- Headspace, Insight Timer and Release into Now
- Mac OS users: Alfred – the unlimited clipboard manager
- Task switching costs and the downfalls of multitasking
- Genetic predispositions to Early Bird vs. Night Owl debate
- Compound Interest: 1% better everyday means
- “The results that you are having now are a lagging measure of the inputs that you put in a while ago. So change the inputs. If you want different outputs, change the inputs.”
- Getting Things Done: David Allen (2015 Update)
- “What would make this life good? …what would have had to have happened in your life for you to look back at the end of it and say that was good? If you can’t answer that, that is the first place to start… Because otherwise, what is all of the productivity serving?”
- the Self-Authoring Suite (including Future Authoring)
- Chris’ book list: www.amazon.co.uk/shop/modernwisdom
Mikhaila Peterson (@mikhailapeterson Instagram) is a 28 year old mother, CEO, health influencer, writer and founder of the Lion Diet, from Toronto, Canada. She has put her idiopathic juvenile arthritis, severe depression (bipolar type II), and chronic fatigue (among other ailments) into remission using The Lion Diet - a beef, salt and water elimination diet. Although it may seem unorthodox, she’s thrived on it for over 2 years. Also recognized for her work with her father, Dr. Jordan B. Peterson (Canadian psychologist and author), she encourages others to take responsibility for every part of their physical and mental health, and teaches how to dramatically transform one's life by never giving up on yourself.
The Mikhaila Peterson Podcast is a podcast where host Mikhaila Peterson speaks with thought leaders, and industry changers - continually finding the best ways to improve the human experience. From stay at home mom’s to CEO’s, fitness enthusiasts to spiritual guides, nutrition researchers to health professionals - Mikhaila has interview-style conversations aimed at provoking thought, addressing difficult subjects, and speaking about topics that are generally shied away from.