Zero carb for 30 days, feel like shit

Home Forums Zero Carb Forum Zero carb for 30 days, feel like shit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kenn Macdonald 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Fahad Leo
    Participant

I’ve eaten beef tallow and beef (nose to tail including organs) for 30 days and sea salt and water, super strict no cheating.

I’ve lost 19lb’s (now 142lb 5’7″ 26 years old) Male). My appetite is ruined, I’ve stopped training since 2 weeks ago (was doing 30mins daily before), my sleep is really bad, I have aches and pains all over my body.

I’ve just eaten 3 eggs, a bowl of oatmeal, a smoothie with kale, banana, strawberries. I feel a lot better already, I feel like I can go to the gym now.

My conclusion:
    I need micronutrients that aren’t available in animal products. I also need a moderate amount of carbohydrates to train/recover/live/function (I don’t need a lot but as I’m fairly lean now and I will be training strenuously I will need about 200g daily as tolerated).

I’m gonna try a whole foods diet for 30 days and see how I feel now. I’ll be eating:
    Full fat organic dairy
    Eggs, Meat, Fish, Nuts, Seeds
    Vegetables (starchy and non starchy)
    Whole ancient grains
    Legumes, Beans
    EV Olive Oil, EV Coconut Oil
    Protein Powders, Supplements

Adam Addezi
    Participant

Believe it or not I reacted horribly to beef liver on the same diet. Horribly. If you ever want to try again, avoid the organs and see what happens.

May I ask what lead you to this diet?

Kenn Macdonald
    Participant

look at your genes, your heritage. Do you have northern ancestry? My northern ancestors have lived mostly on animal protein and fat for thousands of years. People without that ancestry don’t do as well on a carnivore diet I think. If your heritage is closer to the Equator, you should/could eat more vegetables.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.