Leopardo experimenting with a low carb diet

Home Forums Low Carb Forum Leopardo experimenting with a low carb diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fahad Leo 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fahad Leo
    Participant

Hello readers, I have known about the low carb paleo movement for a few years now and I was inspired by Mikhaila Peterson’s many interviews and especially the digesting depression segment with her father. You can see the before and after, I know she was still eating some carbs at this point.

I would do a carnivourus approach but I only have access to grain fed meat and I’m not very ill so meat and greens it is.

I practice capoeira which is all about movement and similar to gymnastics, and I’m on day 2 of this diet. Before this I ate a horrendous diet of refined foods. I’m 26 years old, I used to have pains in my knee which I was seeing a sports physio about, I began to have floaters in my left eye, insomnia, poor recovery, aches and a permanent headache.

After 2 days of eating lots of goose fat, beef, greens, coconut oil, olive oil, turmeric and oregano (low carb paleo), my recovery is better, I performed like an animal in the gym yesterday, the floaters haven’t come back, I had the deepest sleep I’ve had in months last night, there’s way less muscle aching, no gut pain either, and no headache.

After eating, I don’t have any cravings for carbs if I eat lots of fat. I will probably run this diet for 14 days and then introduce low sugar fruits only after training. After the 1 month mark, I will introduce sweet potato twice a week, and then eventually daily with higher sugar fruits.

I don’t know exactly what I will use to fuel my training but I’ll figure it out once I’m lean and healthy.

Fahad Leo
    Participant

I’ve been inactive due to fibromyalgia from lots of ice cream and sugar. I’m still recovering, its quite hard to keep my carbs low as I’m doing a lot of anaerobic activity. My muscles are starving for glucose and I can’t adapt after a week, otherwise I feel like I’m gonna die. I don’t sleep until I have some carbs, I’ve tried going 21 days low carb and I just always need 350g+ of carbs after 4 days (holy shit) so I think I will try a moderate protein, moderate fat, low-moderate carb (150-200g+) diet

I’m gonna focus on

Fahad Leo
    Participant

And good luck getting 200g of carbs from paleo starches. I’ve added GF oatmeal and brown rice in, reduced coconut oil (smaller doses).

Fahad Leo
    Participant

Fruit is too high in Fructose for me to tolerate. One banana will have my blood sugar mad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.