I want to share my experience with others

Home Forums Welcome! Introduce yourself here! I want to share my experience with others

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lucas Williams 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Lucas Williams
    Participant

Hello,

I’ll preface this by saying I’m not on the carnivore diet. I’m not on any diet, really. Not anymore. But I’ve been through hell and back with some of my own health issues. I heard Mikhaila’s story on the JRE and had to nod in solidarity as she reminded me of my own journey. I wanted to post this to share my own experience with you all and maybe help someone looking for a solution. I don’t have RA, but one day I suddenly came down with what I call “apocalyptic eczema”. Seriously, just calling it eczema doesn’t do it justice. It was so bad that I had chronic, never ending skin infections in the form of impetigo. Look it up, it’s atrocious.

After trying a restricted diet I stabilized, but seemed to be one slip up away from another flair, and it seemed totally random as if anything could just set me off on the flip of a coin. This continued for two years of constant yo-yo. Probiotics just made me shit myself, and didn’t help.

Finally, after a 7 day fast just to escape my symptoms, I went for broke. I started homebrewing my own dairy kefir using heirloom grains (SCOBY’s) I procured on the internet. What followed was three weeks of hell. The difference was, the pain was different. My symptoms came back, but they were somehow different. Just as unpleasant, in fact more so. I don’t know how to describe it, but it was like something was inside me trying to put up a fight, and I felt I had to beat it mercilessly into submission or die. So I consumed NOTHING but home-brewed dairy kefir for 3 weeks straight. It felt like fire to breath, I couldn’t think, My joints were excruciating and my skin was ragged. But the pain was different. I don’t know how to explain it, I wouldn’t even mention this if I didn’t think people on this forum would understand. But I know some of you will.

It’s been two years since then, and I’ve been symptom free for 1 year and 9 months. I can now tolerate all of the foods I once thought I was allergic to except soy, which as far as I’m concerned isn’t food anyways. I consume kefir every day. I discovered what it’s like to not be depressed, to live without embarrassing sores all over my face. I write this for all of you out there going through their own battles, who feel like doctors are failing them. For me, kefir (HOMEBREW, not the stuff you buy off the shelf) was the solution. Maybe it will help some of you as well.

Feel free to ask questions if you’re curious, and I’m excited to participate in this community.

Best of luck,

Kefiran.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.