Finally –

This post was written by Tracy Lynn. Please update us! Hope everything is going well! If you’re still super thirsty at night, try cutting back on the salt.

“I am a 44 year old woman. I have never had an issue with weight and am taking on this WOE for specific health issues that have derailed my life….which I believe come down to the gut. I have literally SUFFERED since I was about 18 or 19 with chronic daily painful IBS and the complete inability to have regular (or any BM’s) at all regardless of what I ate. This made me extremely/overly conscious of everything I ate and from that young age, I developed an unhealthy relationship with food based on what I “could” and “couldn’t” eat…. my safe foods weren’t even safe for me. If anything at all they didn’t hurt me further but they certainly didn’t help either.

Throughout the years I have done hundreds of cleanses, coffee enemas, colonics, and supplements.

NOTHING HELPED.

I always ate a clean diet and went organic as much as possible. I have actually always been a fan of the keto and paleo diets but even those didn’t make a dent. All the vegetables sent me to bed at the end of the day with a bloated belly and feeling waterlogged.

I have Hashimoto’s likely due to chronic stress from years running my own business for 15 years and being unhappy with the work I do, leaving an abusive marriage, over exercising (running/training, etc.) and clearly not eating the proper diet to heal my gut. Four years ago I experienced perioral dermatitis and although that resolved itself, I still battle dry skin and when I break out, it can take WEEKS to heal. I also have had on and off amenorrhea which started around the same time my digestive stuff started which was when I started to have sensitive skin. I know it’s connected.

I have a lot of anxiety as well and I simply never just feel “right.” I never feel refreshed and pumped up.

Testimony/Experience:

Although I am only on day 3 of my experience, I literally have no bloating. I never realized by displacing all the veggies I eat how much meat this body can eat….and can actually love. I, in just 3 days, feel a sense of calm. Must be all the B vitamins. I have not noticed a big difference yet in my digestion in terms of elimination but I also don’t have the debilitating bloating.

My sleep has been deeper the past few nights, however, I’m waking up really thirsty. Not sure why…. I salt but I don’t over salt

My skin seems to be less inflamed and seems to be evening out.

I am still taking some supplements to help with the anxiety (Dr. Berg’s Adrenal/Cortisol Formula) and I do take sublingual CBD oil.

I’m not hungry between my meals. I only eat twice a day.

At first, it was my intention to go for a week. But I really think I need to give it a month.
It will make this transition in my life so much easier if I go longer so I don’t question the process.
Ironically I’m not even missing the vegetables but I do think I would like to bring back a few green veggies like asparagus, broccoli, and zucchini….NO SALADS….they kill me (apparently.)

I basically started this as an antihistamine diet and opted to just go all in.

Anyway, it’s very early in and I’m feeling relaxed which is huge….. so I will send a follow in a month.

Thank you for setting up this platform for all of us….. it’s a blessing.

Tracy Lynn”

33 thoughts on “Finally –

1. Tee Dee says:

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, Tracy Lynn. I hope you find the health and relief you seek in this WOE. I’ve been on the carnivore diet since June and it has reversed many autoimmune issues I had. My skin issues have taken the longest, but everything from IBS-D, bloating, joint pain, mood disorders, psoriatic arthritis feels like they are things of the past. All the best to you!

• Tracy Lynn says:

Thank you for replying. I just moved to a new state and am dialing in diet a little bit more as I get settled. I am really excited.

2. Dimo Panagiotakos says:

Hello Tracy, nice to know that you opted for carnivore. I think you will enjoy it. So far I’ve been doing this for 45 days straight and the results have been amazing for me. Regarding your issue waking up really thirsty, I’ve been taking Concentrace, electrolytes by Anderson’s Health Solutions. It’s a low sodium based with lots of magnesium and potassium. This helps me retain water in my body, especially during fasting periods.

• Miriam McGilvray says:

I would rethink the asparagus Tracy… it’s high in FODMAP. Google it and you’ll see what I mean… 🙁😣😖tummy ache alert!!!!

3. Elaine says:

First off. I don’t eat any meat. But I still believe in this diet! Everyone is different and if it works I think it’s awesome. I have IBS and I need to cook down all my veggies. Like Tracy Lynn I cannot do salads anymore. Maybe once in a blue moon. Because I found out I can’t handle raw veggies. I don’t do well with fruit unless it’s very ripe and small quantities. Not daily, no way. I do well with the foods I eat now thank God. Stomach issues are miserable. I also had skin issues as well, not anymore though. One thing I wanted to add about your stating that you wake up thirsty is it is due to high protein. It can be dehydrating so you need to up your water intake according to my gastroenterologist. Take care and be well!

4. Martina says:

Have you seen an accredited dietician with specialised knowledge of IBS? That would be my first point of call. Not a naturopath or chiropractor, I mean someone who has studied at university and keeps their accreditation up to date and who uses evidence, and who perhaps works with a gastroenterologist or specialist? FODMAPS???? Also soluble fibre can be problematic for some people. You could simply need some enzymes or a specific diet. You risk making your problems worse.

• Martina says:

Also… of course there is no bloating, no carbohydrates, but bloating is NORMAL by the way. It’s only a problem if there is pain and bowel disturbances with it and distention. Bloating is feeling really full. Distention is actual protrusion. Some carbohydrates can be avoided to have minimal bloating and distension while including others which provide nutrients and bowel flora health.

• Bloating isn’t normal. Distension is not normal. I can sit down and eat 1.5 pounds of meat and not be bloated. If I have ANY gluten containing grain I blow up. Because bloating is not good. Bloating is not normal and normalizing it is dangerous.

• join says:

When I gorge on leftovers my leftovers turn dark and very putrid smell. Maybe I can’t digest too much leftovers at one siting.

• Michelle says:

I have seen a MD/ natural path in Perth, Ontario, Canada (Dr. Coombs) According to him, all leftovers in the fridge start collecting mold after 24 hours…..or I think it may be even earlier than that……. You don,t see the mold but it is there……It is best to freeze your food if you plan on eating it later……it can make you tired…..i saw Dr. Coombs may years ago and was treated for Candida as well as leaky gut……

• susan says:

No….. it’s only you who is suffering from head damage due to slow seepage of “leftovers” in your lower gut into yer brainlet.

5. stevek says:

Links between eating red meat and distal colon cancer in women

Date: April 2, 2018
    Source: University of Leeds

Summary:
    A new study suggests that a diet free from red meat significantly reduces the risk of a type of colon cancer in women living in the United Kingdom. When comparing the effects of certain diets to cancer development in specific subsites of the colon, scientists found that those regularly eating red meat compared to a red meat-free diet had higher rates of distal colon cancer — cancer found on the descending section of the colon, where faeces is stored.

• These studies are useless. We already know that if you look at people who are already aware of diet and adjusting, they lower sugar intake. So that means vegetarians are more likely to consume less sugar than meat eaters. Just because they’ve already somewhat linked how they eat to health. If you have a study like this and don’t control for sugar intake and exercise, it’s not useful.

6. my condition got a lot better on zerocarb beef diet, but i’ve gotten really fat, right now i’m fasting to get to a normal weight again, but of course i don’t feel as good as i did on beef whilst fasting

7. John de Haan says:

I drank a lot of water too in the beginning of my all-meat diet. After two months I realized it was because I was eating roughly 40/60 fat/protein. After I started adding fat (ideally tallow) and the ratio got closer to 80/20 fat/protein the extreme thirst went away.
    So I’d recommend paying attention to your diet’s fat/protein ratio.

• Tracy Lynn says:

Thank you for that recommendation. I have been adding a lot more fat to the equation and definitely notice a difference. I appreciate your feedback. Makes total sense

8. gaerape staek says:

THis is why top qualoity grass fed beef that comes in boxes is so important. Hashimoto’s is a disease caused a meat-born parasite most likely caused by a virion that comes from low quality peep steak.

9. Jerboa says:

Anyone eating an exclusive beef diet is missing out on the high protein alternative healing power of snake meat. Snake meat is more sustainable and heals parasites quicker since it is removed twice from the toxic vegetable source where the actinobacter soil parasite originates. The snake meat is the ultimate meat.