Another one

This one is soooo bad. Healthy grains are good and eating only meat leads to bone loss and organ failure. Of which there are how many cases? Oh zero? Literally just lying. And it’s written by a registered dietician. Shameful.

61 thoughts on “Another one

1. Beans Are For Coffee says:

Hey Goodhouseflykeeping: The Jordans aren’t the only ones out there promoting health via ‘extreme, radical diets’. Try tackling Dr. Jason Fung (my wife’s doctor recommended his book, “Obesity Code”, she’s pre-diabetic) or Dr. Paul Mason’s work on keto and fasting. These two docs have some amazing research to back it up. BTW, both have discovered where ‘research’ was stopped, directed or results ‘lost’ when the interests of moneyed players was exposed as WRONG.

2. Sam says:

The ignorance is astounding on that website. Amazing, considering how the internet is available to fact check everything they’re saying.

3. Jeroen says:

dieticians promote whatever the “health department” promotes through the “food pyramid” which is whatever needs government support to sell more goods so as to not have surplus after farm subsidies.

That tends to be grains and root vegetables, and have been since WW2.

4. Laura says:

Someone has never heard of Andrew Scarborough whose brain tumour is in remission via a carnivorous diet and hyperbaric oxygen. His epilepsy has also gone and heโ€™s off anti epilepsy meds. Thatโ€™s obviously a terrible idea ๐Ÿ™„

5. Saskia says:

Hi Mikhaila,

I just read the latest article the diet on the Guardian which I was appalled at how flippant the author is and how he lacked complete depth and research. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/sep/10/my-carnivore-diet-jordan-peterson-beef&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjx7dOyobXdAhVykuAKHXA_Cf8QFggFMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&cx=007466294097402385199:m2ealvuxh1i&usg=AOvVaw3l9X3S4SOJSAmVMEAdvF2-
    That is not journalism. I am glad I cancelled my Guardian subscription a couple of days ago (when they wrote the article on Elon Musk and his smoking of cannabis and completely mis-represented his interview with Joe Rogan). Keep up the good work.
    Saskia

6. bourbon says:

Hi Mikhaila ๐Ÿ™‚ !
    Have You ever tried test yourself on food sesitivity by doing ( IGg / IGg4 )tests ?
    I am in so similar situation as you were, I am on enbrel – with severve Ankylosing spondylitis I have also very serious social anxiety and depression.
    I wonder if these tests are reliable and worth trying ?
    Opinions on the internet various, as always..
    I would be gratefull for advice.
    Thank You for sharing your story and for doing what you do:)
    Wojtek

7. I’m 60 and I have read a lot of national geographic, science mags and other technical docs in my life time. One of the most intriguing was when 22 scientist tried to connect the idea that somehow fats in our diet where bad for us. In a nut shell, the article went on to explain what they found during their journey in a search for African tribes that lived on a high meat and fat diet. They were curious if these tribes suffered from the same cardiovascular health issues as people on European and American diets. What they found was that tribes on a 80% fat/meat diet did not suffer from any cardiovascular illnesses like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, clogging of the arteries and etc. That sent them down the road to find out if something was different in their genetics which allowed them to process these meats and fats in a different way. So their next journey was to find several of the tribal members that had migrated into areas where they were eating a European diet. What they found was that those individuals on the European diet where developing the same type of illnesses as the European/American population. And yes these individual were in their 30s and still physically active.
    This was done 30+ years ago and scientist have more tools and test today but even with that in consideration, it’s a good idea to keep an open mind. When this article was written it was labeled in a negative way by dietary professionals as the cave man diet.

• The simple truth is that “scientists” work for a paycheck, they do not work for the truth that will cause that paycheck to be rescinded. Once the become compromised to the establishment narrative, they become, IMHO, psyentists.

President Eisenhower gave a very detailed warning that this would happen without active resistance to prevent it from happening, which never materialized.

“Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation’s scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present โ€“ and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.”
      ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, Farewell Address

• Nina says:

It’s survival of the fittest regardless of mass mania. And the fit ones are eating their vegetables and meat. There is no way around it. How can you have your dessert without eating your meat. Please someone make me a salad 6 times a day…

8. Curtis Larsen says:

So there is even a survey question with two possible answers. The question – Would you try the Carnivore Diet? The possible answers. “This is absolutely insane.” and “Why is this even a thing?”

Yep these people sound like reliable free thought loving individuals run by a credible organization….. in their fucking dreams… I can’t believe the world I live in that I must be cautious of willful poisoning of society purely to reconcile logistics. Thank you to the Petersons for being on the front lines of some very important battles. I will fight with you on any front you need only ask.