Another one

This one is soooo bad. Healthy grains are good and eating only meat leads to bone loss and organ failure. Of which there are how many cases? Oh zero? Literally just lying. And it’s written by a registered dietician. Shameful.

61 thoughts on “Another one

1. Meghan Smith says:

Why give these people any publicity? The proof is in the meat.

Oh, a question… I’m a reoccurring “stoner”, kidney stones that is. My Urologist councellec me after my last stone to avoid eating meat(particularly red). Any thoughts on this?

By the way, I used to suffer from really bad allergies, low mood, and a number of other things. I trained for racing bicycles as a cat 1 cyclist and track and went against common carb practices “athletes” cling to. My diet was basically all protien(very strict) with one cheat day a week. My performance shot up dramatically, my mood increased (except for a few hours after a cheat meal where I completely crashed), allergies went away(except when I reintroduced carbs, then I’d get itchy sometimes right after carbs), and a number of other benefits. I always had people by asking me what my secret be was… I told them that I ditched carbs for meat… No one believed me. Thier loss I guess. I don’t follow the diet as strictly these days but I thought I’d share anyways.

Thanks!

• There are several types of kidney stones but if your doc is telling you to stop eating red meat it’s probably a uric acid stone. One of the ways to help prevent it is to drink more fluids, especially during althetic activities. If your urine is a dark yellow or it’s getting into the brown color you are dehydrated. This is especially true if you ever had gout attacks. Typically though, reducing alcohol intake and increasing water intake generally reduces the chance of getting kidney stones without changing your diet. I personally eat a diet high in meat and salt so I typically drink at east a gallon of water and/or electrolyte drinks.

2. Steph says:

Hi Mikhaila,
    Just a quick question – did you have any discontinuation symptoms when you tapered off of anti-depressants? How fast did you taper? Just trying to be mentally prepared, thanks!

3. Herb says:

I was in Baptist Heart Hospital Jacksonville FL (Jordan will be here in a week) and the dietician stormed in and announced that “This is Baptist Heart Hospital, you are NOT having eggs, bacon and sausage for breakfast. Here is your pumpkin muffin and oatmeal…” The hospitalist happened to be in the room and just rolled her eyes. She said she’d take care of it for me, and I thanked her and said I hadn’t eaten in there in two days and was really hungry. Shortly after a guy came in with a huge plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, both link and patty, and a double cheeseburger patty only. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. So hungry at that point.
    Two postscripts:
    1. Low carb is now allowed there.
    2. I was released after three days with a clean bill of heath heartwise, a diagnosis of Tietze Syndrome, a type of costochondritis, and was told to take ibuprofen. It all went away in a week or two.

• Hospitals are awful; I had the same problem. I control diabetes through diet and exercise and I had to tell them to take the glucose out of my IV and feed me meat. They objected but I insisted and they relented. My son brought in a cooler filled with various forms of cooked free ranging meat so I didn’t have to eat too much of the toxic meat the hospital served. The “dietitian” was very put out by me. The “diabetic” diet in there consisted of slices of fruit floating in sugary syrup, mountains of white potatoes and gravy, bread and more plant food I couldn’t/wouldn’t eat. Nothing like having to fight your way through “officialDUMB” when you’re sick.

• Herb says:

The problem seems to be the dieticians who refuse to change with the times. Me, personally, both of my cardiologists (both plumber and electrician) and my internist ALL told me low carb. Meat only might be extreme for them but they don’t support carbs otherwise. Personally, I feel better with olive oil and other low-carb plant additives.

• Total agreement. the ADA recommends people eat “moderate” amount of carbs at each meal. So most RDs follow this “advice”. As a type 2 diabetic for over 20 years I am now off meds because I went on a program that went AGAINST the ADA “recommendations” (LCHF) Keep on trucking people. Keep on getting healthy. Do what works for you!

4. KETO BOB-OMB says:

I love the survey question: “Would you try the carnivore diet?” Answer 1: “This is absolutely insane.” Or answer 2: “Why is this even a thing?” Option for “Hell Yes!” please.

5. Mark says:

I am not 100% meat only: I follow carnivore blogs with interest. This link certainly puts 100% meat as a viable alternative to the ‘approved’ diet that has made me fat and riddled with aches and pains. As I was reading the crap sold as journalism I had to keep checking my shoe to see if I had stepped in something that smells bad.

6. Honestly I think everyone who has positive outcomes (um, everyone) from a LCHF or Carnivore diet should go to these article sites and comment and let people know the article is dead wrong and you are living proof.