Day 4 of Carnivore Diet

This post is written by Abby. Thanks for your response! Good luck! Maybe comment on your post in a month to update everyone?

“Hi, My name is Abby and I am 37 years old. I have always struggled with weight, have PCOS, depression and anxiety (although I manage this without medication, as I have learned coping skills). Although I have been a healthyish weight for about 3 years, (5’4 68kg) I do get stomach issues from food, headaches, and for the past 3 months have been quite unhappy and short-fused, even though my life is amazing.

My partner Bret and I saw Jordan on Joe Rohan, and after youtube stalking every video possible about the carnivore diet, we decided to give it a go. Our normal diet is not great, although we try and eat healthy mostly, we also binge eat with loads of Junk. It’s an endless cycle. Definitely emotional eaters.

Anyway, it is day 4… I have still been having up to 4 cups of coffee with 1 sugar in each, but apart from that, everything else is meat, salt and water.

I have lost 2kg in 4 days, and my partner has lost 4kg in 4 days. From the second day my energy skyrocketed and the depression I couldn’t shake for 3 months was gone. I feel like me again.

I know it’s only day 4, and we are aiming to do this for a month. I would like to thank you guys for telling everyone about this. I can’t believe how good I feel already.

I’m making your beef jerky tonight,

Hopefully, soon I can cut out the sugar in my coffee, although I don’t know yet if I could give coffee up, but we will see.

32 thoughts on “Day 4 of Carnivore Diet

1. I really recommend for those on a carnivore diet to get a SOUS VIDE MACHINE. In images.Google, look up “sous vide comparison” and you will be amazed.

You vacuum seal the meat in food grade plastic using a vacuum sealer machine that comes with the sous vide. Sous vide means without air and it’s a French cooking method that now has this machine developed by the low-carb high-fat proponent Mike Eades MD (he laughingly refers to himself as an appliance salesman now 🙂

It’s simply food cooked in a hot water bath and you set the temperature of the water for however well done you want your meat fish or vegetables (by the way, may not be pertinent for this pure carnivore discussion – but can seal items with a marinade, s & p, herbs, onion slices or lemon slices – whatever – if you like).

But the STEADY TEMPERATURE OF THE WATER ensures the particular doneness you set the item for is NEVER EXCEEDED, no matter how long you keep the item in, because the water never fluctuates more then one degree from the temperature you set it for.

What this means is really cool. You can take a cheap cut of meat and sous vide it for, say, 30 hours (max I’d say), and it will taste like filet mignon but it will not be more done than the particular rareness or doneness you set the temp for. It will only get SOFTER.

The reason it won’t get more well done for instance, is that IF I SET IT FOR 130 DEGREES, WHICH IS RARE, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT’S IN THE BATH, THE MEAT NEVER GETS ABOVE THAT TEMPERATURE AND THEREFORE NEVER GETS MORE “DONE.” It just gets softer.

That’s why you only cook fish for the 25 minutes or whatever – in that time vicinity – because you don’t want FISH to get “more soft.” Meat you do. You don’t have to cook meat for 30 hours although you can, I think it’s done probably in 4, I’m not sure. You can throw meat on the grill to give it grill marks. But you’ll know it’s cooked thoroughly and needs very little time on the grill.

Great way to precook chicken for the grill for instance. You know you won’t kill your guests with underdone chicken 🙂

• Dee says:

Very helpful info about the SOUS VIDE MACHINE. Never heard of it before. So thank you for what you’ve shared.

• So… I have been thinking about this very issue. I haven’t done it yet, however from what I have gleaned form first sources, you could achieve exclusion results sealing up meats with parchment paper and cloth and THEN putting it in a sous vide bag. The parchment paper should be oiled with fat or butter first, and will exclude any wicking from the outside.

• Let me be more precise: HEAVILY oil with fats a piece of parchment paper on one side. Wrap the meats well in it, best double wrap, oiled side touching the meats. Wrap that is pure, unbleached cotton cloth.

2. Dee says:

Mikhaila and others,
    The end of May, 2018, after hearing Jordan and Mikhaila’s testimonies about making meat exclusive in their diet, I had an inner registration to give it a try. For at least 3 weeks meat is all I ate. Some of the benefits I immediately noticed improvement in digestion and elimination. This is atypical from what most believe. I have deducted 2 reasons for this: 1) when chewing a bite of meat (thankfully I am able to get grass-fed, free range beef) it is broken down to a liquid stage before swallowing. 2) As the meal was ONLY meat and nothing else ( . period) the digestive juices I have available went totally to digesting meat. In other words the strength of all enzymes and digestive properties could be used exclusively on the meat. Hence, there was no gas, bloating, or discomfort. Elimination was eazeee whereas I have suffered chronic constipation most all of my life. This is a biggie benefit in my experience.

There are also many claims that meat will acidify your system and “may” cause gout. I am not sure it is gout that has made my right big toe sore for many years off and on, but I do know that toe has not been made any worse for eating meat. Not that it’s better, but definitely no worse. Also, I have read that the human body has to maintain a proper acid-alkaline base no matter what you eat or we as humans would be suffering tragic consequences. I’m not saying we can’t override the body’s ability to keep it stabilized, but I am saying that because none of my already hurting finger joints are no worse, it is my conclusion that meat is not doing any harm along this line.

Another benefit: to see my fingernails actually start growing and have enough tensil strength to remain in tact without splitting or breaking. Under ordinary circumstances in the past, they were very weak.
    Another benefit: a full feeling lasts a little longer. Less snacking in between meals. Snacks for me usually is nuts, goat cheese, or peanut butter.
    Another benefit: to eliminate vegetables from the meal plan had a strong calming effect upon my psyche, freed up my time, and helped me relax. Previously, much time was shopping and trying to decide which foods would be best for “this” or “that”. Then after loading up the vegetable drawer in the frig, a daily choice had to be made about ‘what to fix’. Growing tired of the cleaning, chopping, cutting, deleafing, etc, before cooking (always being concerned if it should be raw, steamed, blanched, or sauteed), some of those vegetables in the frig would become unusable.
    Another benefit: Not that weight loss was hoped for or even desired as my small physique was not out of bounds, but having lost about 4-5 pounds, I ” gained ” a waist line and now experience more comfortableness in my body.
    Another benefit: THAT I AM HOPING FOR is creating a more hostile environment for Yeast. Candex for yeast and this meat meal plan should have a beneficial effect.

Now 2 months later, a salad, or some steamed greens may be part of the meal. Allowance has been made for a treat now and then. Coffee is a daily must without sugar, but occasionally add Half n Half and always with Ghee and MCT oil.
    Also, CBD is now used daily in the form of drops and the balm when there is any joint pain. With Meat, low or no carbs, and CBD, my sleep is much better and a sense of well-being and alertness has increased. I read that with a meat-only diet one needs to include exercise on a regular basis to offset any excessive intake of ‘fats’. So, when watching youTube, I make up my own routine to busily work my appendages & increase heart rate a little.
    I know this has been quite long. But my gratitude to the Lord and to Mikhaila and to all the other Commentators has been a great blessng.

3. I wouldn’t worry about the smokes… they are not as bad as people say… https://www.sott.net/article/338885-A-comprehensive-review-of-the-many-health-benefits-of-smoking-Tobacco

But if giving up is a plan then wait till you have adapted to carnivore first. Take it easy cutting things out… too much too soon can make things too hard. Giving up carbs is hard (ish) on its own but the cravings pass very quickly and remember to keep yourself full.

You will adapt to coffee without sugar too. I did this a couple of years ago and now prefer it without sugar… took a month though to adjust… now I dont even use milk and that took about 3 weeks for me to enjoy it as I did before.

Also I go the super market in the early evenings and always get reduced meat on offer. I love lamb so always get a few packs of that.

• Lotan Kritchman says:

You’re joking right? There’s benefits to most things… sugar gives you an energy boost… doesn’t mean the pros outweigh the cons. Over 400,000 people die every year from smoking in the U.S alone. Anyone who thinks smoking isn’t as bad as it seems is talking out their ass. I can site 10 articles against smoking from legit sources for every one you post talking about the benefits. Don’t be an moron. Quit smoking.

• Simone van Breugel says:

I actually think Jamie is right. There have been lots of studies that showed the benefits. Sure the tobaccoproducers paid for those, but they wouldn’t, lie would they? Also smoking is great with stress, just like heroin and crack, but then easier available. It helps with anoying white teeth, just see the dark yellow sparkle in the mouths of every smoker. It gives you great breath, everyone will want to kiss you! It’s also really great for getting brown fingers, attractive wrinkles around the mouth, stinking up enclosed spaces and it does wonders for your lungs, it really cleans them up! The proof is that every smoker caughs up greenish/brownish/blackish flem, every morning! Non-smokers never have that, so all that filth just stays in their lungs and festers. And lungcancer and COPD aren’t actually real, that’s just big pharma profiting over the heads of poor smokers who let themselves get influenced by the anti-smoking lobby. Right Jamie? I would light up one more right now if I were you, giving such great advice. You can be proud of that. Another good dead done.

Hugs&kisses,
        Simone

• Simone van Breugel says:

The great poet Alexander Shakespeare wrote: “to err is human, to admit when you’re wrong is divine.” We can only aspire to once become a great thinker, such as the noble J. Shanks

• This is the kind of response I usually hear from people when I tell them I do carnivore… But I just put it out there… smoking isn’t as bad as what they say… take it or leave it…

• Lotan Kritchman says:

Right, well as there aren’t an adequate number of studies to show the true effects of the carnivore and there are a bajillion studies on smoking… I tend to go where the science it. Carnivore? An experiment. Smoking? Pure stupidity. I don’t care if you smoke, but I’ll take the recommendation of respected doctors and nutritionists over a dog walkers 🙂

• Simone van Breugel says:

Ah, the old “I’ll use the exact same argument as before, even though people debunked it with actual valid arguments”-method. That’ll teach us. Perhaps you could write it in all caps next time, that’s a sure way to make people agree to your point of view. Or actually educate yourself and learn just how dumb your comment is.

The people who are prejudiced against the carnivore diet, are actually smart to not just believe you on your word. They haven’t studied it, nor experienced it. The carnivore diet does go against everything their mum and dad told them, against pretty much every study about healthy diet and against the advice of probably almost every physician. I also was highly sceptical when I first heard about it and I still tell my kids to eat their vegetables. Most people can eat vegetables and lots of carbs and be perfectly healthy. I only tried the carnivore diet, because after years of misery it was a much healthier solution than suicide. I am genuinely amazed about the results so far. I wanted to believe Mikhalia and her dad, but wasn’t really expecting this. If in a couple of years scientists actually study this diet and come to the conclusion it makes me smelly, makes my teeth look disgusting, makes me look older, makes me incapable of running up some stairs, makes me go through withdrawal if I don’t eat a steak for a couple of hours and increases my chance of getting a horrible disease, while the only benefit is making Mikhaila Peterson rich, I’ll admit I’m wrong and quit this diet. On the other hand I’ve never heard of any physical benefits of smoking (except for the whole tobacco-industry) and am experiencing quite a lot of benefits from this diet. But that’s just me, so that has no scientific basis at all, exactly like your silly, uninformed, based on a single article – opinion (plus your relative who smokes 6 packets a day and is a healthy 150-year-old, or an equivalent of that).

See that, I took it ;-). Dropping the mike here.

Xoxo

4. Simone van Breugel says:

(you beat me Lotan, I applaud you for writing what I meant in less than my bazilion words)