18 thoughts on “NY Post Article

1. jmes says:

Alongside Dr. Drew – nice!

Hope you’re doing well with the latest (or upcoming) ankle surgery, and thanks for the recent FAQs on Instagram. I have a question about eating until satiety, but if you can’t answer no worries.

——

Like you, one of my “symptoms” is never being satiated. I could keep eating to the point of sickness unless I physically push food away.

Because of this, I’ve been wary of eating to satiety whilst beef-only, and consciously cap how much I eat at what’s considered appropriate for my energy expenditure.

I know you’ve advocated eating until you don’t want more, but I know of other carnivores who end up gaining excess weight with this approach.

Q. What’s your current thinking on eating until satiety?

2. I read the article & felt like it was very positive until the Post mentioned Dr Baker’s license issues–which had NOTHING to do with the topic of the article. Happy you got mention as I believe your story should be blasted across every new channel & billboard in the world.

I’m so thankful you were brave enough to share your story & experience. I am on day 10 Zc. My lower back stopped hurting his morning for the 1st time in over 10 years. Still hoping for a depression remission similar to your experience. Peace be with you, your family & everyone who seeks freedom & healing!

• Thank you. I will definitely do that. I’ve successfully treated my symptoms with cannabis since 2015 but it’s expensive & I’d rather just be free of it altogether as you can imagine. Stay well!

• Brett says:

Wanted to share some wonderful news! Day 23 into 24 zero carb is realized all the depression & anxiety symptoms are GONE!!! My mood is excellent. Low back pain I had been dealing with for many years is gone. The joint pain I had I assumed was just what you have when you reach age 57 is all gone. My energy level is higher than ever as an adult & libido has returned with the force of a 20 yr old. I still have a lot of healing to experience as I was very sedentary for over a decade but heal I shall thanks in part, to you!

I am so thankful for you & your Dad sharing your experiences as you have or I might never have learned of this WOE. If we’re ever able to, I hope you and/or your Dad will let us buy you both & your immediate family a nice steak dinner. Peace be with you & yours always & never ever stop sharing your story.

• Agree 100%. Especially because Baker has since won his case appealing that issue and has been reinstated, makes the statement in the article borderline libelous.

• Not to quibble, but I thought he had been invited to apply for reinstatement and was still working on it (though I’m happy to be wrong). That said, the article should definitely have mentioned that or kept his name out of the mix altogether. I’m really disappointed with them for such an oversight.

3. Lotan Kritchman says:

Great stuff!!! Shame to have it associated with conspiracy theorists but it’s a start! The more people that do it the more examples of better health to help the cause!

4. Kathryn says:

Mikhaila, Is it possible to gain weight on this plan? I’m already very thin, and have lost 5 pounds eating just beef. my digestion has really improved and my dental pain is gone. How can I put on weight without messing myself up? Thanks!

• I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The only way to really gain weight on the diet is to work out (depending on your weight now). I’m 5’6 and do no working out and I’m 118. That’s not too skinny.

• TeeDee says:

Kathryn, for what it’s worth, people who want to ‘lose’ weight while doing keto/carnivore are told to watch their fat intake a bit if they’re not losing, ie. don’t eat a lot of ‘fat bombs’, etc. Perhaps you could do the opposite and increase fat in order to gain, or at least stop losing? Just a thought…

5. Kathryn says:

Thanks! I was concerned because I was about 112 lbs and am now 106 (I’m 5’7″). Haven’t weighed myself this week, but have been eating large ribeyes every day for a few weeks. I’ve been working out with weights for the past 3 weeks and am starting to notice definition. A friend at work commented today that it looks like I’ve gained some weight (a good thing). I probably need to just keep it up and be patient.I’ve had hashimoto’s for years and take thyroid medicine, but haven’t had my thyroid checked since starting this. My blood pressure has dropped. I was taking medicine for it, but have had to cut that in half. Even with that, my BP was 96/65 this morning. I may need to drop it further. I heard Shawn Baker say when eating this way, you need to eat like it’s your job so you don’t lose weight, so I may need to buy bigger steaks (or fattier ones). Was wondering if I need to add carbs back in to gain, but don’t want to mess myself up. My energy is good and my sleep is great. My digestion has never been better and my skin looks amazing. I’m 50 and I’m amazed at the energy this gives me.

• That’s amazing!! 106 is pretty skinny for 5’7. I wouldn’t be surprised if you started to gain weight though. I need to eat about 2 pounds a day. Less if it’s fattier. But if it’s ribeye I need that much. The leaner the cut the more I need to eat to feel full. If you feel good just keep doing what works! It took me about 6 weeks to feel really good on the diet.

6. Karen Williams says:

How I wish I liked steak! Am having to stick to chicken (organic), fish of many varieties, smidge of milk in tea (and natural bio yogurt with a handful of Brazil, almonds,or pecan nuts for breakfast, as I can’t face meat or cooking it early in the mornings).
    I do have poached eggs or boiled eggs with the meat.
    We have been eating proper butter for the last few years and proper lard – none of the cheap stuff the big companies want us to consume that make us ill!!!

We are fotunate to be able to buy our meat from a good butcher – who is able to tell us the provenance of the meat. My daughter was a vegetarian for about six months, because she couldn’t bear the thought of the animals being squashed into huge lorries and taken for slaughter miles away etc. Terrifying for them. So now we know the animals are slaughtered near the farm and it is all done in a humane way.
    Husband and daughter eat lamb, ribeye, sirloin etc by the ton. Am hoping we can all benefit from our depression lifting and my fibromyalgia disappearing – physiotherapist has me doing extra exercise to combat the fibromyalgia and I am trying to wean myself off ibuprofen – only take it at night to stop hip pain. I am also menopausal – so am continuously fighting the hot flushes!
    Am also trying not to drink alcohol!!! Humph!

We have been sweltering over the Pond in the U.K. and that has helped me in some ways as I haven’t wanted to cook or eat as much, so I have been trying to stick to mostly meat. Not helped the night sweats!!
    I haven’t really missed the veg and we haven’t eaten fruit for a long while because of the natural sugars upsetting the Candida growth in the gut (which makes us have food cravings). I learnt that from Zöe Harcombe, a professor in Wales, who has been trying to get peeps to eat real food…nothing processed.

Am hoping to continue, unless something drastic happens!
    We met your Dad in London on his first trip over here. Managed to get front row seats…what a guy. He was very emotional then and what he was saying was so heartfelt…we very much admire and respect him, and you, for what you have gone through and how you have changed your life.
    Thank you Mikhaila.