6 Month Carnivore Update

Tl;dr: I love this diet. I am never going back.

Updates:

Baby:  I’ve caved and gotten a nanny, and she’s starting in 2 weeks. I wanted to do the stay at home mom thing (which is what I’ve been doing for the last 10.5 months) but I can’t do it. There are too many things that I want to be able to do that I can’t do with a baby. Serious kudos to people  (like my own mom) who could do it. Taking care of a baby is a full-time job. And it’s incredibly rewarding but it’s hard when there are other things you’re missing out on. For me, that’s work, that’s the blog and writing. So a nanny it is even though it makes me incredibly nervous. I realize how lucky I am to even have that option. We met someone who seems really bright and really kind and I think Scarlett will love her. She also speaks Russian so Scarlett can learn her dad’s language. We’ve only introduced meat and she’s still nursing a lot. I haven’t figured out what I want to do, but I’m thinking I may consider some vegetables and just see what she’s interested in. I haven’t decided yet.

Ankle: I need surgery. I don’t need to get it re-replaced (THANK GOD), but I do need surgery. After my ankle replacement my fibula was subluxed (slightly dislocated) and so I couldn’t bend my ankle well. Scar tissue grew in really quickly, and bone, and now there’s so much scar tissue that even though my wonderful physio fixed the dislocation, I can’t move my foot. The muscle on one side of my body is wasting away which is horrifying so I need to deal with this ASAP. That’ll be much easier with a nanny as well. Flying out to see a surgeon at the beginning of July, hopefully can do the surgery ASAP after that.

Jordan Peterson: Dad is thriving on the diet. He’s cut out salmon and is mostly eating beef but also some chicken. He told me salmon gives him back pain and makes his voice a bit shaky. Even after all the food weirdness, I’ve been through I had a hard time believing him. But I don’t eat it, and chicken makes me dizzy, so who the hell am I to judge? He has no depression, no anxiety, and no doom in the mornings. If you follow him on Twitter you might notice he’s not as volatile. Last week my mom texted me and said “Jordan woke up with James Brown’s “I Feel Good” in his head. If that isn’t a fantastic sign I don’t know what is. I”m giong to get him to drop the chicken and I think his mood will improve even more. This all meat diet is the bomb.

Mikhaila Peterson: I’ve been doing it for six months now and I swear it just gets better. I have no cravings for other foods, my brain is the fastest it’s ever been, I don’t even mind the sleep deprivation that comes with a baby (she wakes up at night still), I’m energized, happy in the morning, happy all day, and raring to go. The only thing stopping me is my ankle and that should get fixed hopefully soon. I’m getting my micronutrients tested and cholesterol this month. Comment below if you’re interested in certain markers and I’ll add them to the list. This is purely for people’s curiousity, I’m not concerned in the least, I feel great. I’m going to start doing consults (so keep an eye on the blog). Switch it to a pay per consult instead of Patreon. People who have been speaking with me feel better fast enough that we don’t have to keep talking which is amazing. My face is also thinner on this diet (even just eliminating salad). I don’t have as much puffiness in my cheeks. It’s lovely. I look so much more attractive. I was looking through pictures of myself in Montreal in 2012 and I look like a different human.

Hangovers: Hey! Good news, I don’t react negatively to alcohol (only bourbon and vodka – nothing else). It turns out that the minor reactions I was getting were to those hangover pills!!! Which work really well but were giving me symptoms. But my response to alcohol has changed. It used to fill me with energy and now it just kind of makes me slower. So that’s a downer but maybe I’m so fast normally that it’s starting to work like it should, it is a depressant after all. WARNING: this diet is NOT good for hangovers. My tolerance is down, not just because of breastfeeding, and the hangovers are killllllerrrr. Be careful. Go slowly with alcohol. Stick to bourbon and vodka (they have nothing else added – the colour from bourbon is from the cask).

I’ll be updating the blog much more frequently when the nanny starts, and I may even start a YouTube channel! I’m also writing a book (18 000 words in so far!) Exciting times. Doing great. Thanks for the support.

247 thoughts on “6 Month Carnivore Update

1. steven v says:

Mikhaila,

Best wishes with your ankle surgery. Hope you get a stable and solid walking gait with no pain!!

2. Ville Raatikainen says:

It’s baffling to hear that you’re still getting better, amazing!

Is your toothpaste still the same old recipe by the way? I’m actually scared of using any commercial ones since they have all that added stuff which I definitely don’t want to swallow. Commercial toothpastes also make my gums bleed a lot.

3. Tia says:

I’m interested in knowing your folate numbers. As a fellow woman in her child bearing years, having low folate scares the heck out of me.

Not sure if you can test for this, but I’m also wondering if I should take iodine. I used to get my iodine through seaweed, and I don’t want to add crappy refined salt with iodine. What do you do about this?

Also I’d be interested in how your gut flora is changing. I’m slightly worried about become MORE sensitive to plants.

I’m 28, a fellow auto-immune warrior, I just started carnivore via your recommendation. I started it about 2 months ago, felt amazing, then got a virus and was sick for so long that I quit carnivore and added carbs to see if that would help me get better. I just started it again 3 days ago, right after I had spicy tacos at tacodeli, here in Austin TX, and had a major flare! Last straw!

I’ve been eating chicken, fish, etc., but I think I might cut everything except antibiotic free beef from whole foods. I’ll keep you updated.

I wonder if your father has histamine intolerance. Salmon is high in histamines. It might be something to look into!

Thanks for your updates, you rock Mikhaila!

-Tia

4. Christoph says:

Thank you for your information, got to you over your fathers video on youtube:)

What is your oppinnion on taking amino acids?

ie. when trying to quit coffe DLPA helps.

but maybe thats a plant source

5. Bliss says:

@Rita
    If you found out you had cancer, would you change anything about your diet?
    Is it your opinion that a heavy meat diet is best in a case like that as well?

6. Britt says:

Hi! How much beef do you eat for a normal day? I’m trying to figure out the serving sizes and how many oz of Beef you’re eating for grocery shopping purposes. Thank you!

• Kenn Macd says:

Research seems to say that the absolute minimum is 0.4 grams of protein per kilogram of Lean Body Mass. The standard RDA is 0.8 grams per kilogram. Body builders can go up to 1.5-2.0 grams per kilogram.If you have an idea of your muscle weight (lean body mass) that makes it easy. Otherwise you could multiply your weight in kilograms by 0.8 and that should get in the ball park. Example: you weigh 150 pounds, that is almost 70 kilograms, so multiplied by 0/8 would give you about 55 grams of protein per day. Now beef varies in protein content, as a ball park it is about 20% protein, 55 grams of protein would be about 280 grams of beef (about a quarter pound of beef). That’s a idea to replace your bodies protein, and would be your minimum, if all you’re eating is beef (for example) then I would eat at least twice that per day, maybe more.You could start at the low figure, and if doesn’t feel like enough, keep increasing it.

7. Thomas says:

Just found this blog a few days ago! I’m a huge fan of your father! But he got also a great daughter! I’m impressed how this diet improved your health! You are a very strong person!

8. Gosh no Bliss! .if I were diagnosed with cancer meat would be out of my diet protocol for 3 months straight. Then to reassess progress.
    This is based on what I have learned through listening to the Ty Bollinger’s Truth About Cancer on line symposiums (free while they air but have purchased the DVDs and transcripts as well since consulting with cancer patients is part of my business), and other holistic and integrative symposiums as I began my study of cancer and Lyme disease.

My husband was diagnosed with late stage cancer with 6 mo. to live. We discovered the doctor from whom we learned about bio-resonance scans late in the journey. He commented that the nutrition program I had implemented is what was keeping him going and the bones for remaining dense, even though cancer was in the bones (prostate mets to bones). What we learned from the bio-resonance scan is that my husband also had advanced Lyme disease. Onocologists did not want to hear any of that “nonsense”.

With some changes to our protocol in the last month the cancer had stopped spreading and our regular doctor was quite impressed. However, he died of a collapsed lung. He had been put on opioids for four bulged discs in his back – both drugs state that this is a “serious but common side effect” on page 2 of the drug handout, which is not provided unless you ask for full disclosure. There is much more that could be said in this paragraph…but this is Mikhaila’s blog and needs to be respected as such.

We learned about bio-resonance too late to tackle the root cause imbalances in his body. I have since become a practioner and have been blessed to train with a PhD who specializes in parasites and Lyme. Lyme parasites feed on hard to digest animal proteins. Until I would determine the root cause factors in the pathogenic virus (which is truly what cancer is – contributing to abnormal cells) I would not eat a hard to digest meat if diagnosed with cancer. Plant proteins and fish protein are easily digested proteins…and would have a place in my diet. BTW – past age 50 (although I see it showing up in my clients who are much younger as well) we all have abnormal cells. Our body responds by what we fuel it with – anti-oxidants (whch come from live plant food) are the “soldiers” that clean up the free radicals.

Bliss – if you have concerns and wish to learn more you can message me privately I believe. You can search YouTube for the Truth About Cancer videos – lest they have been pulled down as Big Pharma does not care for truth.