Favourite Shampoo and Conditioner (good for babies too!)

I went on vacation and didn’t fill up little travel containers with shampoo and conditioner and I really regretted it. The place I was staying had this horrible strawberry smelly stuff and I couldn’t get it out of my hair. I don’t use anything with perfumes because they bother me a bit (normal allergies). I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner.

I think it’s helped with my hairs oil (I have naturally pretty oily hair). (Although what’s made the biggest difference to my hair health is going all meat). But here are the shampoo and conditioner I use (I don’t use conditioner on my scalp). I also use this for the baby!

Carina Organics Shampoo Unscented

Carina Organics Conditioner Unscented

12 thoughts on “Favourite Shampoo and Conditioner (good for babies too!)

1. rose says:

Hi,

Is there a danger of nutritional deficiencies on an all meat diet? Like manganese, iodine etc…

Thanks!

2. Just found your blog after listening to your Dad talk about you on Joe Rogan. I switched to a natural coconut oil shampoo and conditioner myself. Unbelievable difference. On a related note my husband changed his life by using cannabis (medical) and changing his diet.

3. Have had bad scalp reactions to some “regular” shampoos, and hate anything with a strong smell(migraine trigger): unscented everything! Best luck I’ve had with shampoo has been Trader Joe’s “tea tree tingle” which smells vaguely minty, but the smell doesn’t stick around in my hair at all. I don’t bother with conditioner any more: I have a spray bottle full of diluted white vinegar, and after shampooing I spray it on my hair, then rinse quick with cool water. Works just as well but without the greasy residue. YMMV

4. What I do:
    I use vodka, nothing else but vodka.
    Every previous night I apply vodka to my hair but more importantly on the scalp and then I massage it for 5 minutes.
    Every morning before I do anything, I apply vodka to my hair without the massage and then i do the habitual things: drinking water, doing physical exercise and bathing.

What I believe:
    Vodka is on the one hand a vasodilator and therefore facilitates blood circulation
    and on the other an astringent and therefore facilitates the moderation of the sebaceous secretion of the scalp.

The actual outcome:
    I have zero dandruff, a problem I use to have and I use to buy Neutrogena Shampoo T/Gel to control it.
    Hair is not greasy
    Much less expenses.

5. JHS says:

Good news: babies don’t need shampoo at all. My kids don’t have their hair washed at all for the first 10 years of their lives and no one can tell (obvious exceptions if they’re filled with goo for a ballet recital or in a color war, etc., but even then water gets most of the job done, and water washes if there’s a bit of outdoor stank).

Adults don’t need shampoo, either, but it’s a little more involved to manage hair oils so that you don’t. We started (me with long thick hair, husband with short thick hair) a decade ago and have no thoughts of going back to stripping our hair’s natural oils out with shampoo every day only to have to fake-replace them with conditioner, perpetuating a cycle of over-production that creates ever-greater needs to shampoo!

• MethylEthel says:

I do love that as long as I keep my boys’ hair trimmed short with a buzzer, all it needs is a quick scrub with water and a washcloth. They both had horrific dandruff since infancy, but keeping the hair short enough for the sun to shine a bit on their scalps seems to solve that problem. They’re still little, so their hair doesn’t get stinky. Not sure if that will remain the case after puberty.

6. Aaron says:

Be wary of products with Isothiazolinone, which is used as an antibacterial preservative. IT IS A BIOCIDE (kills life, and it causes huge distress to the skin). This preservative is found in many shampoos, creams, lotions, and other skin care products. Other aliases:
    Acticide MBS / MBRĀ
    Neolone CapG / 950 / MxP
    Parmetol A / DF / K
    Piror P109
    Promex Alpha / BM
    Proxel AQ / PL / XL2
    Special Mx 323

Incidentally, it is banned in the UK.

7. Angel K. says:

I’ve been using baking soda to wash and diluted apple cider vinegar as conditioner and it works better than anything for my dry frizz ball!

8. Divinia says:

I started making my own soap, shampoo and solid lotion a while ago. Not only have I found a solution to my sensitivity to commercial body wash/ soap problem, I’ve gained an education that requires me to question the ingredients posted for the products you linked to. Lye/water turns oils into soap, and emulsifying wax turns oil/water into lotion, also, commercial products that contain water require a preservative. Carina products appear to contain beneficial ingredients, and are very likely great products. However, it concerns me that they only list water, oils, extracts, and vinegar, yet the product does not separate or require refrigeration.