Favourite Products at Paleo f(x) – Salt, Toothpaste, and Baby Food

Super quick post about a couple of things I saw at Paleo f(x) that I really liked. I know this is late, but c’est la vie, better late than never. I couldn’t eat most of the things there, but it was an excellent time anyway. Great minds.

Redmond Real Salt

This salt is weirdly tasty. It’s not Himalayan but I love it. I took a number of free samples (they were giving away a generous 2 oz per sample – which last me a shockingly short period of time) and have recently bought it from WholeFoods. Love. Highly recommend.

Redmond Spearmint Earthpaste

The same company as the salt also makes toothpaste. I have been very paranoid about toothpaste in the past, but this toothpaste passed the test. I make sure I don’t swallow any of it, but I’m not particularly worried if I do. The ingredients on Amazon are wrong. The actual ingredients are:

• purified water
  • bentonite clay
  • sea salt
  • spearmint essential oil
  • menthol
  • tea tree oil

You have to order this particular flavour or they add xylitol and other essential oils to the mix. But this toothpaste is the greatest! I love how my teeth feel afterward. I’ve managed to smuggle it across two flights so far without getting caught by keeping it with the baby wipes. I like it much better than the toothpaste I was making that I used for the last three years.

Baby food – My Serenity Kids

I like this baby food, but it’s not available yet. I don’t really like how they add kale to the mix of ingredients. For instance, here’s their beef mix:

• organic sweet potato
  • water
  • grass fed beef
  • organic kale
  • Himalayan sea salt

Kale is hard to digest! But the ingredients are leagues ahead of most other premixed baby food. Obviously, I’m only eating meat, but if I had to add a green I would have preferred if they had used spinach. I’m linking because I thought it was a neat idea. I would recommend you just feed your kid what you’re eating, but if you are going to buy pre-packaged food, this seems pretty good. Just wish they’d replace their kale with spinach (or more meat).

12 thoughts on “Favourite Products at Paleo f(x) – Salt, Toothpaste, and Baby Food

1. Beau Christensen says:

Why is xylitol in toothpaste something you avoid? I’ve found that it’s beneficial to teeth and gums.

2. Cate says:

Great post. Perhaps you could write to the company and (after you have explainedyour situation, make the suggestion that they replace the kale with spinach. One never knows!

3. Tommy Tenney says:

Swiss Chard is better than spinach and IMO tastes better too. Spinach has oxalate so it is better to at least blanch it before eating according to Rhonda Patrick IIRC.

4. Tommy Tenney says:

Another thing Xylitol kills the bacteria that eats teeth I keep a small pot of it in bathroom and use it as tooth paste as it is in large grains and acts like a abrasive then spit it out so I don’t eat it. Also it is a good nose drop and helps kill bugs and very pleasant to use.. My 2cents

5. Tommy Tenney says:

Yes I like and use Redmond salt. BTW just woke up so not fully awake. Love your blog and am sharing your story with friends and family. My youngest son and I started the Carnivore diet the 15th and as a long time beef eating ranch raised guy I am loving it. Ate liver yesterday and smothered it in Kerry Gold butter instead of ketchup. Plan on signing up on Patreon for both you and your dad. Gotta check with wife first as she and I always do and she is on trip in England till end of May. But she’ll say yes of course. But I love her and April was 47 years married.

6. Bliss says:

Mikhaila,
    The “SHARE” button is blocking me being able to read the comments, etc. well. Whether it is closed or open you have to move the comments above or below it.
    Can that button be moved to the other side, or to the top?

7. Kenn Macdonald says:

Can’t wait to see you youtube from Paleo(fx) show up. Well, I can wait cuz I have to. I experiment with toothpaste (homemade), using mostly baking soda and salt now. Maybe I’ll try the Redmond! great blog, thanks Mikhaila.

8. Have you considered that the all-meat diet may be starving parasites and sugar eating pathogens, thus minimizing symptoms? I’ve been stunned to find resolution with some of my weirdest symptoms by addressing parasites, which harbor metals, pathogens, mold, Lyme, etc. since lab testing for that stuff came back negative. Doing systematic detox and drainage, along with the must-do adjunct of the new bioactive carbon binders like MetChem and BioTox, has been life changing.