YouTube Video with Depression to Expression

HERE‘s the video that Scott Ste Marie made on his YouTube channel Depression to Expression.

I really enjoyed speaking with Scott. He has a channel devoted to helping people with one of the most crippling illnesses there is, and I think that’s very valiant. I also think he should try the diet.

🙂

Hope everyone’s doing well! Sorry about the lack of updates, I will catch up this next week!

16 thoughts on “YouTube Video with Depression to Expression

1. rod says:

99.9% of all humanity are okay eating everything and anything without problems. Those who have underlying medical conditions and seek dietary solutions are obviously sub-optimal humans. That’s just a physiological fact.

• Terri says:

It’s truly amazing that you could think that. Firstly, you’re 100% wrong that 99.9% of humans are ok eating everything and anything without problems. In fact, I had trouble even typing that sentence without laughing out loud. I won’t waste a minute telling you why you’re dead wrong about your statistics, but there are so many vulnerable peeps out there searching for answers to their chronic health probs that I felt I should say something. Here’s a hint: Ask anyone who has some of the issues that Mikhaila and others have with their health and the vast majority will tell you that they USED TO be able to eat ‘everything and anything’ without problems right up until the day they no longer could. I was one of them. I could eat whatever I wanted until I developed skin problems, digestive issues, IBS and Type 2 Diabetes. It’s only a matter of time…

• rod says:

Sounds like you ate yourself into your medical problems. Perhaps if you had eaten in moderation you would not have upset your health. Also, a sedentary lifestyle can cause Type 2 Diabetes and digestive issues. Gluttony and laziness is a sure prescription for failing health. Good luck with your new diet.

• Terri says:

Once again, your assumptions are wrong. No gluttony and certainly no laziness here as someone who jogs/runs/walks miles a day…eating is always moderate and well chewed, so again, not the cause of my past medical problems. Eliminating troublesome foods is how I reversed the Type 2D and all others symptoms…

• Yeah… if it were a physiological fact then nobody in America would be suffering from obesity and autoimmune disorders and mood problems. Which basically everyone is.

• rod says:

A sedentary, bourgeois lifestyle creates neurotic people who want to blame everything and anything on others… but not themselves. Most posting on this website are probably obese and hide behind their keyboard in shame. I’m okay, thank you.

• Tommy Sunshine says:

Hi Rod, I’m not obese, I’ve been on the carnivore diet for a week now, and I’ve never felt better.

As for your claim about ‘hiding behind their keyboard in shame’ I suspect you may be projecting. No doubt, you would be too much of coward to call Shawn Baker MD a ‘sub-optimal human’ to his face:
          https://www.instagram.com/shawnbaker1967 …how many world records have you broken?

Are you a cyberbully Rod, hiding behind your keyboard?

Ps. Do you have a source for your 99.9% figure? I would genuinely like to see it or did you just make that up?

2. Frederick Frederickson says:

Scott’s video popped up in my recommended videos list as soon as he posted it to YouTube. It was a great video.

3. Ken Macd says:

Hi Mikhaila
    Just watched the video. It was a happy experience. I have some questions that maybe you can answer.
    I assume you’re only eating grassfed beef, which btw is much higher in Omega3’s than industrial beef. https://grassbasedhealth.blogspot.ca/2011/10/is-grass-fed-beef-really-rich-in-omega.html Also, well I think you already know as I think I’ve seen it on your blog, that Vitamin C is not an issue. The Inuit didn’t have a problem with scurvy and they ate meat and fat exclusively.
    What do you cook your meat to, rare, medium rare, …? Since you make jerky, that is I believe raw beef that’s been dried.
    Have you ever tried raw beef (aka steak tartare)? Ever tried cooking sous-vide? (just put a steak in a ziplock bag, pop it in and set the temp, and come home to a perfectly cooked steak!)
    One last question! Do you make bone broth (save beef bones, maybe add some seaweed)? if so, in a crock pot, or pressure cooker?
    Thanks Mikhaila!

4. HY says:

Just wanted to ask anyone who has experience with carnivore: Is eating organ meats and other parts (like gristle and bone marrow) necessary in that you have to be vigilant about including them in meals?

• Kenn Macdonald says:

Well organ meats are so nutritionally dense, it would only make sense I think to eat them, whether with a meal or as a meal. Bone broth also contains fat, micronutrients, and collagen, and marrow so drinking that or incorporating it into soups/sauce is pretty beneficial. A caveat is that you should try to stick to organic/grass fed meat, as toxins for example tend to be concentrated in organ meat, plus glyphosate gets incorporated into organ and muscle meat.

• HY says:

Thank you for the response! I will keep that in mind when looking around at what’s offered in stores in my area

5. depression. pale skin. many other health. problems. chronic fatigue and low energy.
    lack of fast healing. …
    Have you heard about vitamin B12? Pernicious anemia. An autoimmune disease that cause very poor absorption of vitamin B12 in the intestine. Research it.

Try taking a sublingual methylcobalamin. Methylcobalamin is the only form of B12 that can cross the blood-brain barrier to reach and treat brain B12 deficiency. Try 20 000 micrograms sublingual methylcobalamin in the mornings for a week or two weeks. See how you feel. You can get methylcobalamin as a 5 000 microgram sublingual. Taking as sublingual (under the tongue) bypasses the intestinal poor absorption problem.

Don’t use regular B12, cyanocobalamin (cyanide B12), it creates extra work for your body to do in order to methylate it and uses up your body’s methyl groups. Cyanocobalamin is the artificial form that it is added to most vitamin pills, fortified into cereals, and added to energy drinks. For some people it tends to work for 2 weeks or so and then stop working when their body runs out of methyl groups. It also cannot reach the brain in large quantities. The methylcobalamin version doesn’t have these problems.

An alternative or supplement to that is eating beef liver cooked sous vide. It has a lot of vitamin B12 in the natural methylcobalamin form. Cooking it sous vide keeps the most amount of the methyl B12 intact. Frying it keeps only 30% of the B12.

From a fellow beef-lover