Quick Update – Feb 1, 2018

Hey everyone!

Dad talked about my blog on Joe Rogan, which is awesome. So now there are a bunch of questions I want to get to and people I need to get back to but first:

I started working for Dad. Booking events, kind of doing personal assistant type stuff because he’s swamped. The last month has been INSANE. His days are booked solid. I’m trying to free up some of his time.

I fractured my arm 2 weeks ago (this is the main reason I haven’t typed anything up!). I slipped putting recycling away. So now I have a full time (albeit online) job, one arm, and a baby. And we’re moving. It’s been a crazy 2 weeks.

Andrey (my husband) has been able to slowly expand what he’s eating. He started on the same diet dad is on, but after an antibacterial/antifungal protocol we did, his tolerance to sugar in vegetables and fruit seems to be going up! He can also tolerate probiotics. So for everyone who looks at the diet and thinks they’ll be stuck with only those foods forever, that’s not necessarily true. It’s an extremely slow process, but it looks like healing is possible. We haven’t done any reintroductions for Dad because they’re risky and he can’t get sick right now. Or you can be like me and only eat meat.

I’m still eating 100% meat. Today (after almost 2 months) was the first time I got bored. But I think it’s because I overcooked my steak. I HATE overcooked steak.

I’m going to write a new post every weekend. I’ll try to add recipes too. The Patreon is very encouraging. I’m going to be a bit slow for the next couple of weeks on blog posts because of my stupid arm. I hate needing help. Andrey’s had to cut my steak and do the dishes because of my cast. And instead of just being happy about the help I just feel guilty and not as useful. (I should probably just enjoy it right?)

Yesterday I was at home alone with the baby and while I was changing her she peed. This was sooo frustrating with one arm. Try bathing a slippery urine soaked baby with one arm after a solid day of work. Kind of funny now though.

Thanks for all the support everyone! I’m trying to keep up, and I’m glad it’s helping people to hear my story. Health problems are terrible and there are things you can do to alleviate your problems.

Here’s a picture of my passport photo when I was really not in good shape (right) vs now (left).

Jan 2018 (26) vs. Mar 2013 (21)

My eyes are WAY less swollen (it’s not the makeup), my face isn’t as puffy, I look less like a gangster’s wife, everything’s good! Girl on the right is in a perpetual food reaction hell. Girl on the left – doing great.

Crazy difference eh?

17 thoughts on “Quick Update – Feb 1, 2018

1. Kylee Grace says:

Your transformation photo is amazing! Not every diet lets you look good and feel good- love hearing about your success on the carnivore diet! I’ve been wanting to it after having success on Keto and Paleo (even more now since all my friends went vegan after watching that Netflix movie “What the Health”)

• vivian says:

Hi Mikhaila…so grateful for all your time and research. So happy you are doing better! Your extreme suffering led you to find solutions that are helping so many including me. You have given me and my son hope and courage to keep fighting mental illness. I keep you and your dad in my prayers as I believe you are critical players to the future success of a free society.

2. Keith Rutsky says:

Thanks for the update and please feel better! I just subscribed after your Dad mentioned on Rogan how your diet helped him deal with his auto-immune issues.

I have psoriasis and it’s a doozy! I just started taking Stelara (which has helped) BUT always wanted to make my diet better.

I look forward to reading your blog, eating your recipes, and seeing the change in my physical form.

Your family is truly a blessing!

3. I looked at your website after hearing about it on the Rogan podcast. Very interesting site. Also, I didn´t know that Mr. Peterson had such a good looking daughter 😉 Looking forward to the next posts.

Take care

4. B says:

My daughter (born ‘07) has a terrible autoimmune disorder that we’ve always tried to control with diet. Lately, she’s quite resistant to eating clean. Found your blog and realized, oh I have autoimmune disorder too! Bummer on the broken arm thing, kids have impeccable timing when mom is hobbled, don’t they😁

• When I was a teenager/kid with an autoimmune disorder it was basically impossible for me to understand how serious the condition was. I was against changing the way I ate too, and my mom tried. I’d give it a try, and if it didn’t work in a month I’d stop. I hadn’t actually tried anything that would have worked though. Cutting out the main bad things – gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, should make a difference. I never tried that until much later.

5. Kate says:

Mikhaila, I have been listening and following your dad for about 3 years. When he talked about you I could totally relate. I have the HLA B27 gene and have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I have three children and when I was first going through this I was in bed for 2 years. I was also on extremely high dose of OxyContin (160mg 3 x a day). Eventually the pain killers were working against me and I was in more pain. I went through a medical detox and even with using Suboxone the withdrawal was hell. I screamed for 6 hours straight. I never ever want to go through something like that again. I am interested in this diet. I am going to read more of your blog to find out about it. I listen to Joe Rogan, Dave Rubin etc. Your story is pretty amazing. I was crying when your Dad was talking about the pain you went through.

• Seriously give it a try. It’s changed my life indescribably. I had to get off of oxycontin too (at one point I was on 160 3 x a day – weirdly enough one of the side effects was sleeping with my hands in the air…). The withdrawal was awful for me too. Definitely not an experience I ever want to have again. I was on oxycontin for a year though, not 2 (thank GOD).

6. Debora T says:

Hi Mikhaila,
    Thank you for sharing your process. My daughter developed alopecia at age 17. My son was just diagnosed with dermatomyositis at age 36. My oldest daughter has had allergies to many things since she was little.
    My husband and I, in our 60’s, have had nothing more than a bit of seasonal allergy. Such a mystery as to cause. Heredity? Environment? Diet? Stress?
    I came here via the Joe Rogan interview with your Dad. I listened to it just after my son received his diagnosis, so your journey surely caught my attention.
    I look forward to your updates and send my best wishes for continued improvement for you and your family.

• Probably diet. Some genetic issues can make diet cause more problems (the celiac gene), but probably diet. It’s not anyone’s fault obviously, how is anybody supposed to know these things with all the conflicting information out there?

7. Max Bax says:

Looking Good! Saw the bikini pic too… Thumbs Up! ♥

I just saw the bit @ Joe Rogan,
    Your dad says he only eats Meat & Greens… but no vegetables???
    Aren’t they the same? :-/

Or is he saying, only meat and greece?
    oeps ^_^ grease ☺

8. Alyssa Frank says:

Hi Mikhaila,

I’m sorry about the arm! I have a 31/2 year old and a 4 month old I can only imagine how hard it is bathing a baby with one arm. I am very interested in what you are going to feed your baby when she is on solid food. (if she isn’t already) What food are you going to introduce to her first? Is she going to be on a meat and greens diet? And when she grows up what are going to be your rules? I’m asking because my baby is gassy and I have linked it to chocolate and legumes. He is not on solid food yet and I’d like a game plan. Nothing better then mothers sharing info! Thanks!!

• I’m going to make a whole section about this. I’m about to start introducing food. I’m going to start with sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, spinach, chicken, and beef. That should keep her going for a while. I’m going to have to do a lot more research before I’m comfortable with what to do with a baby. Hard enough figuring an adult out! I’ll keep the blog posted.

9. Barb says:

Hi Mikhaila!
    I’m so thrilled to hear of your improving health!! I’d very much like to know more about your daily nutrition intake, so I appreciate you filling everyone in on the things that work, and those that don’t!
    I truly believe God is supporting both you and your father. This sudden fame your dad is experiencing must be both thrilling and overwhelming for all of you. I appreciate both you and your dad for sharing your wisdom and experience. I’m sending prayers of peace and comfort to you and your family!!!