Easiest chicken wings in the world

I eat these all the time. Like once a day because they’re awesome and easy. Sometimes I wake up early and stick them in the oven and then go back to sleep so they’re ready when I actually want to get up. Or I eat them watching TV. Super easy.

1. Buy chicken wings (these are called split chicken wings) – Andrey and I usually split about a kg. So that’s just over a pound each. I get them at Loblaws. The bigger packages are less per kg than the smaller ones.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.

3. Take chicken wings out of the container and put them on an oven safe pan.

(If you want to make your life easier, buy a cookie sheet like this (or for Americans) and buy one of these (or for Americans – I haven’t tested these ones out). I do not recommend these even though they’re cheaper… They kinda taste like plastic. And if not eating toxins is the goal… That’s probably a bad sign. But the mat makes them crispier and it’s soooo much easier to clean. Otherwise you have to soak the thing you cooked them in and it’s kinda gross and annoying and time consuming. Worth the money.

Container you have to soak and scrub

Cookie sheet and mat that takes almost no time to clean and is dishwash er safe!

4. Sprinkle generously with turmeric. Add a whole bunch of salt and pepper.

5. Stick them in oven. I don’t usually wait until it’s preheated because who really has time for that 🙂

6. Wait 50 minutes and voila.

Keep in mind I am not an Instagram star and I’m sure if these pics were edited they would look much tastier. These are SO GOOD. Try em. And skip the turmeric if you don’t like it but it’s good for you and kinda spicy so really don’t skip it.

Then once you’re done eating DON’T throw away the bones. Keep those suckers. All of em. Do this: How to make homemade chicken broth

Or if you’re lazy stick the bones in a freezer ziplock bag until you’re not lazy. I never throw away bones.

I eat these as a snack. Or if you want them as a meal and want to add a green, here’s the collard greens recipe.

14 thoughts on “Easiest chicken wings in the world

1. Chris says:

That does sound easy, but will definitely give it a try, thanks! I wonder if adding some vegetables like onions, garlic, carrots & maybe even potatoes (if they don’t take too long to cook) mixed in around the chicken would be good too, and still relatively easy.

50min @ 400F seems a little hot, have you tried lower temps, maybe for longer? Haven’t read good things about cooking at higher temperatures (above 300F?) & possibly carcinogenic chemicals [the US govt / NIH has some info, maybe it’s a little more reliable info? https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet ].

Had a laugh at the last line & image of the bag of chicken bones lining up pretty funny, makes it look like the bag of bones is the snack. Very entertaining!

• I haven’t read too many negative things about cooking at high temperatures, so I’m not worried about it. They’re crispier the hotter the oven is, but if 300 degrees at a longer time works, comment and let me know! I’m sure adding more food in would be good, but I haven’t tried to reintroduce any of those foods yet, too high in sugar and on my IgG. One day though for sure. I would kill for onions.

• Sebastian says:

No it was not too hot.
      I just finished eating those wings. I left them in the oven for 50 mins at exactly 200°C which is roughly 400°F. They were perfect.
      Best wings i have ever eaten period. Crispy skin, spicy, and you can actually taste the chicken. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the recipe Mikhaila

• Maybe you could use a pressure cooker to cook the wings, they only reach about 250F so you wouldn’t have the risk you mentioned.

2. Allison says:

I tried this recipe this past weekend and it was a huge hit, everyone loved them. The only difference is that after the 50 min at 400 degrees I broiled them for a bit on both sides. Very delicious and super easy! I loved the Silpat idea.

3. Patrice says:

Made a batch (1 lb) of chicken wings from Whole Foods. They are the best wings I have ever eaten. They help with the snack bit as I’ve just started the meat and green diet to help mostly with depression but also lack of energy, fatigue, brain fog, lack of motivation etc., I can’t thank you enough for such help as you are given to many of us.

4. I don’t think I’ve ever had chicken wings, except for maybe some happy hour I did many years ago but forgot about.

What’s funny is that I bought an air fryer semi recently, for the express purpose of finally getting back into them, but haven’t yet made them. I go to trader joe’s for my shopping and haven’t found them yet. Thank you for the oven recipe, I may try that too, in case my fryer needs cleaning from other food I cook in it.

5. Ingo moritz says:

Cover the cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Two layers is best. After baking wings, crumple up tin foil and discard.
    No soaking or cleaning up cookie sheet.

• They’re better when baked on silicone (I’ve tried both ways). Foil makes the wings over cooked and dry; the silicone makes the wings PERFECT. I wish it was the other way around, because the silicone mat is a pain to get really clean.

• The Real Bill says:

We use parchment paper rather than silicone mats or foil. The foil does alter the heating profile but not so much with the parchment paper. I save the foil for cooking brisket on the Egg. 😉